Friday, April 27, 2012

Potty Training: Day 4

Now I know the day isn't over but I've got to share our potty training success!  First thing this morning we had an accident during breakfast.  I actually think accidents are good because I think it helps them learn from their "mistakes."  We talked about not peeing in our underwear and peeing on the potty.  Shortly after that Nate told me had had to "poop" and ran to the potty!  That's when the heaven's opened up, the clouds parted and the angels sang "hallelujah"!  And I'd like to pause this post right here...why?  Because my big boy just told me he needs to go "poop" on the potty!  In fact he's told me all 4 times today!  Today I decided after the first accident I was going to back off abit!  I've kinda struggled with him these last 2 days on getting him to sit on the potty!  I'd ask him if he needed to pee and he'd yell "NO!" and then I'd end up carrying him to the potty and make him sit on it until he peed.  Of course it would only take him a few minutes to finally pee but I didn't like the struggle and resistance of getting him there. 

But today...today is a new day!  And all day long he's been telling me he needs to "poop" (which really he means pee) and he runs to the bathroom!  I'm still asking him if he needs to go pee and when he says no I just leave it at that (no more pushy momma)!

I am proud!  And I'm so happy we are make some progress!  And today he woke up from his nap dry!  Yes indeed I'm proud of my little man!

And on a side note-the sweetest thing-When I give Nate his treat he yells "Lincoln!" because he loves giving a treat to his brother too-love those moments!  Now if only they could share and get along like this all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment