Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Potty Training: Day 1

Day 1 of potty training and I didn't loose my mind!  Is that even possible?
So today was our first official day!  How was it?  Actually great!  Not to get into too much detail (OK maybe I will) but we had some pees and some hershey squirts, 1 wet diaper after nap and 1 accident before bed.  Today mostly consisted of me asking Nate over and over again "Nate do you need to pee" "Nate can you sit on the potty and mommy will give you a treat." 

For me potty training is all about the treat bribery.  I don't have any guidance when it comes to potty training.  I haven't read any books or done any research (although I do have the 3 day potty training book).  I just go for it.  We just go with the flow and see what works and having potty trained 1 little one already has helped too. 

Lincoln has been my biggest help and Nate's biggest fan!  It's so cute when he says to Nate "I have a secret" and he goes and whispers in Nates ear "If you go pee on the potty mommy will give you a treat"  And I'm lovin the way he's cheering on his brother!  And Nate has to wear the same underwear as Lincoln.  He already admires his brother!  Ahhhh I'm just lovin the bond these two are forming!

I'm a bit stir crazy already but I think it's because I know I'm going to be stuck at home all week!  This stir craziness has me re-organizing the living room (my problem room).  And today Kev came home and I informed him that we needed a new rug, a new chair and a new couch (this is what bordem will do to me).  I've been moving furniture and trying to re-arrange things but nothing is working.  My brain is hurting.  I need an inspiration (that and a million dollars).  Plus I'm still on the hunt for dining room chairs!  I think I might need to make a quick trip down to Benjamin Moore to pick out paint colors for the boys room.  Now would be a great time to paint them! 

Now I'm hoping tomorrow brings more potty training success!  I'm so glad he's not stubborn like Lincoln was:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment