Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Christmas Time!!

6 more sleeps!  I'm normally super giddy about Christmas but I haven't had "that" feeling yet!  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but not that giddy, I feel like I'm 12 years old, and can't sleep because I can't wait for Christmas excited.  I think my pregnancy anxiety has gotten in the way abit.  It's not bad anxiety but it's the "I don't know what this baby is and therefore I have nothing" anxiety, mixed in with the "when is this baby going to come" anxiety, along with a little "this may be our last Christmas as a family of 4" anxiety.  Needless to say I'm a very anxious person.  And being pregnant over Christmas is making the time fly by!

Decorating this year has been different.  I had to start from scratch and I kinda feel as if our house wasn't as "Christmasy" as it normally is.  I've been on the hunt for the perfect Christmas decorations but like all good finds, I must be patient!


After many, many, many years of waiting we finally got Christmas lights.  After all Santa will need to be able to find our house in the dark!




I had to buy all new decorations this year and scored big at Michaels!  I bought white and silver balls for the tree and new garland with lights and ribbon for the staircase-50% off plus an additional 30% off!   I love a good deal! 

And I bought a white wreath for inside.



We started some new traditions this year-advent calendars (I think I did it last year with Lincoln) and Elf on the Shelf (from Nana).  Lincoln gets so stinken excited every morning when he comes down stairs and finds "Norris" the elf!

And Christmas just wouldn't be the same without matching jammies:-)  I bought the baby a pair just in case we had a Christmas baby (I don't think that's going to happen) but I thought that was one area where I could be prepared!




And tonight I will continue to wrap gifts!  I actually love wrapping presents and making them look oh so pretty!  I just don't like the back ache that comes with it!  I finally have a new set up-I use the kids little table and chairs to sit at while watching tv-why didn't I think of this before!
And another photo just because:-)  Who doesn't like slepping in front of the Christmas tree?:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment