Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Week of School

Lincoln I survived his first week of school!  And I shed a few tears as I drove off!  He loved it!  And settled in nicely.  Went straight for the trucks and didn't care one bit that we were leaving.  I guess that's better than him screaming and being held back as I try to escape.  He's 4 and I know he needs to slowly (key word being slowly) spread his wings and fly.  It's hard as a mother to accept the fact that my baby is growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop or slow down time.

That morning I asked how he was feeling, he said, "I'm not nervous, I'm excited!"  And he was!

I snapped a billion photos to the point were Lincoln kept saying "no more!"  And then I got the look from Kev as he informed me I needed to respect his wishes.  I tried.

The 2.5 hours went by fast.  Nathan, London and I headed south for some gas and ice cream (the border line ups are no longer hours long) then we went back home for lunch.  Before I knew it it was 2:13 pm and we were running out the door to pick up brother.

I think Nathan had a hard time the first day.  On our drive home he told me he missed Lincoln.  It broke my heart.  And he didn't understand why Lincoln got to stay at preschool and he didn't.  I'll be honest...it's kinda nice and quiet with just 2 and I think I'm going to enjoy some one on one time with just Nathan...I think he needs it:-)

So I asked all sorts of questions when I picked him up and once at home he confessed...he didn't want to share the digger with his friend at school and he got "in trouble."  I think I may have "that" child...the one with sharing issues!  I'm hoping and praying that this won't become a larger issue!




 
 
I picked out 2 outfits for his first day of school and he chose to wear the shirt and vest (he kept telling us how cool he looked:-) and I thought he looked adorable...although I am biased.  My sister said he was going to get made fun of (because of his clothes) and as his mother I'd like to think otherwise...I always have my kids best interest at heart...even when it comes to the clothing they wear...and then I had flashbacks...
 
Kindergarten 1988...My mother had my best interest at heart right?  Permed hair and white boots.  I hated that outfit and that permed hair!  Dear Lincoln, Nathan and London...I promise to never perm your hair:-) 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment