Friday, May 11, 2012

Playroom

Our playroom needed some work and I've been searching pinterest and etsy looking for some inspiration!

I had this vision for Nathan's room (I was actually trying to copy one of Sarah Richardsons rooms) and since Kevin never got around to putting up the chair rail I ditched that vision and went with plan B-I painted Nate's room and I am so glad I did!  I was left with vinyl letters I purchased off etsy and I didn't want to throw them away so I decided to use them in the playroom.  I was nervous!  Putting up 26 letters and trying to make sure they were all straight and perfect-yup I was scared.  Iwas going to be a challenge.  And I knew if I didn't do it perfect it could end up looking like "hot DIY mess."

Here is the before picture:



And after:


I was actually surprised at how easy it was to do!  I had to cut out each letter from the vinyl (they are on a sheet of vinyl), then I used painters tape to tape each letter to the wall to see where I wanted them.  I used a little leveler to try to get each letter straight once I took off the backing.  I stuck the letter to the wall and then rubbed each letter on!  I am so happy with how it turned out!  And apparently they come off easy! 




2 comments:

  1. Tab this looks so CUTE! Good job girl! PS Funny thing- in your post you said 'I used a little leveler...' I ALWAYS call the level a leveler and my hubs makes fun of me every time :) Maybe its a Canadaian thing... or just a girl thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Oh I guess it is just called a level:-)

      Delete