Thursday, March 1, 2012

Frumpy

Yesterday was mommy, daughter, grandma shopping day.  We were heading down to the states to go bridesmaids dress shopping and we decided to spend the whole day shopping.  I needed a day like that.  I've been feeling frumpy.  And I did a huge clean out of our closet and had to get "real" with some of the clothing items I had been hoarding.  I am happy to say they are now in a bag on their way to MCC.  In the last 5 years I've been pregnant 3 times.  My wardrobe needs to be updated.  And as I was getting ready to leave the house yesterday my husband said some amazing things that included "buy your self a purse" and "spend some money on new clothes for yourself."  He makes me smile.  And that is why I married him.  He knows the right words to say and when to say them.  And I know he appreciates all that I do for the kids and him.  And yesterday I did feel appreciated:-)

I bought two purses (I love purses) and some clothes.  Nothing fancy.  Just every day clothes to wear around the house or when I'm out and about with the kids.  When I'm at home I can't help but feel frumpy...I wear the same things over and over and over again!  And pinterest doesn't help my feeling of frumpiness...in fact it worsens it!  All those outfits beautifully coordinated together.  Ah if only I had my own personal stylist.

And although I had a great time shopping I couldn't help but feel guilty for shopping for myself.  Why do I do this?  I don't think twice about spending money on the kids but for some reason I always feel guilty spending money on myself.  I know I shouldn't.  And I 've been working out (thank you Jackie Warner and your ab video and my elliptical machine) and I know it's good to reward myself with new clothes.  I do have a list of things I still need to get for myself which includes a new pair of jeans, a pair of white skinny's, a denim shirt, cuffed sandals and some accessories!  I did find the perfect denim shirt and white skinny's in my moms closet...now I'm hoping she never asks for them back!

No comments:

Post a Comment