Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pretty Things

Since I thought I was going to be the only girl in the house (clearly I was wrong) I thought I'd add a few feminine touches. But first I must give credit to the people I copied-Chrissy and Sarah. Thank you so much for letting me copy your beautiful chandelier:-)


It's amazing how changing a light can transform a room! I am lovin my new chandelier in our bedroom! And thank you Kevin for not making me wait 9 months:-)


I freakin love it!!!!!

And my new little lamp from Home Sense...


I am really loving all the feminine touches in our house:-)

And my sweet little London will finally have a crib...and a room in a few short days. I had fallen in love with this crib I had seen a billion times online and finally figured out what it was called and ordered it. We got her a Jenny Lind crib and I love it! It's white and simple and the best part...it was super duper cheap (thank you Amazon). Now Kev said to me "Tab you get what you pay for" and normally I would agree but I researched this crib and the company that makes it had great reviews and no recalls. Fingers crossed the crib isn't a hunk of junk!
I also bought her a re-finished dresser and got a steal of a deal on that as well! As soon as I heard the price I said "I'll take it" and after I finished paying for it the lady at the store says to me, "I think my manager gave you the wrong price...I'm pretty sure it was $700!" Gotta love a good deal.

I might get some sand paper and distress the edges abit (it's a bit risky for me-but I like the rustic vintage look). Kev said to me, "You paid $500 for this?" Yes Kev I did...and I would have paid more too:-) I now need to find a beautiful crystal chandelier for her room and decide on some bedding. I always wanted a shabby chic room if I had a little girl. I don't know if I should go with the bedding from Restoration Hardware or from Target (gotta love Target)? Decisions, decisions, and Lord only knows I suck at making decisions!
Heirloom Quilted Voile & European Heirloom Stripe Girls' Nursery Bedding but
with this ruffled bed skirt instead of the grey bed skirt

 
or

simply shabby chic



And my pretty new bathing suit finally arrived!!!  Now to work on my body:-)
And what's a blog post about all things pretty without a picture of my sweet little princess? Thank you Angela from Type A Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment